Does anyone have or know of a tool that will track unused ports on a switch
over time.  My employer has a couple of thousand switch ports where I work
and we have a pretty mobile work force, ie people switch cubes a lot it
seems.

Sometimes we don't find out about a move until after when someone calls to
get two network connections in their new cube.  We typically accomodate them
by adding new patch cables but it's difficult to track down their old
connections and pull them out, so we end up using a lot of patch cables.

If there was a way to find out all the ports on a switch that haven't been
active for the last month that would be helpful.  I thought about trying to
use snmp and write some type of list out to excel but this isn't my forte'
and hopefully someone else has a better solution

Thanks if you can help,
Dave H