Actually I got it working. SOMEONE at work here told me the cable I was
using was good, and when I asked for another one he gave me another fiber
cable which was sitting on a computer (without the caps on). Anyways, I
got a new fiber cable (with the caps still protecting the fiber ends) and
both interfaces came up.

Thanks for the replies.

--
"Sanity is calming, but madness is far more interesting."