Personally I did the CCIE Written exam and bypassed the CCDP, but now I
regret this, as I do not honestly believe I will be ready for the lab before
my 1 year expires. I will need to do the written exam again, before going
for lab.

If I had another chance, I would have done the CCDP first and waited until I
had good lab experience before doing the written exam, so that I could have
booked the lab straight after doing the written.

Oh Well! At least the company is paying for my exams.

Rashid