Sam,
The books that I have used most, not only for the certs, but also as a
day-to-day reference are as follows:
*Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi.....killer BGP stuff, a friggin"
BIBLE!
*CCIE Fundamentals: Network Design and Case Studies....will not only give
you more than enough for the CCNP and CCIE, but has the most detailed
accounts of advanced routing protocol scenarios I have found.
*Internetworking Troubleshooting Handbook....Every conceivable problem study
from hardware configs on every model of router and switch to software to
routing protocols to etc. etc. etc......a TON of symptom/cause cases to
reference.
*Cisco ATM Solutions.......Everything you wanted to know about ATM but were
afraid to ask.
HTH,
Rob H.