From: John Neiberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 6:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Book Recommendations [7:10201]

Do you already have Routing TCP/IP Volume One?  It covers OSPF, RIP,
IGRP, and EIGRP as well as route maps, all of which you have to know for
some of the CCNP tests.

For BGP, I'd recommend two books:

BGP4: Interdomain Routing in the Internet by John W. Stewart III.
Short but truly excellent little book!

Internet Routing Architectures, 2nd Edition by Sam Halabi.

Another good book for CCNP/CCIE level study is Bridges, Routers, and
Switches for CCIE's by Andrew Bruce Caslow.

There are probably too many good books to mention, but I've found those
to be indispensable.

Regards,
John

>>> "Sam Deckert"  6/27/01 4:57:19 PM >>>
Hey everyone,

I am currently studying for my CCNP, and should have it knocked off in
couple of months.  For study material so far, I have pretty much just
been
using the Cisco Press study guides and CCO.

I am just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good books,
especially involving routing protocols such as OSPF/BGP/EIGRP, for
someone
at the CCNP level looking towards gaining enough knowledge for the
CCIE
written and eventually CCIE lab (gulp).  I am after not just a study
guide,
but for more detailed info - not targetted at a specific exam but more
increase the detail of my knowledge in these areas.

A couple that I am looking at (that you guys have talked about in this
list):
-Routing tcp/ip vol 2 by Cisco Press
-Top down network design by Priscilla

It would be great if you could make some suggestions as to what good
books
you have found.

Thanks in advance!

Sam.
EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the
addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.
If you have received this message in error please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]