Yikes, Chuck!  I'm usually the grumpy one around here!  ;-)  Cheer up, my
man!

But, I know how you feel.  Sometimes it seems that all too many people want
the certifications without having to work at it.  (By the way, I completely
missed the MPLS thread [since I don't know a thing about it] and I'm not
saying the original poster was being lazy.)

In fact, it sometimes does help me to understand a concept if I see a
working config all at once.  On the other hand, my chances of remembering
something are infinitely better if I figure it out myself.

For instance, I was reading some Caslow last night and then worked on some
bridging configs with two 2501s and my PC to generate traffic.  I was
working on transparent bridging but I was running into some problems.  As it
turns out, to completely test my config using my current setup, I ended up
configuring IRB on the remote router (from my PC's perspective.)  I will
now, always and forever, remember how I solved this particular issue because
I figured it out myself.

Okay, I'm now through with my Chuck-inspired partial rant.  :-)

We now return to our regular programming.

John

Who
|  cares? Just give me the configs that will help me pass. If I memorize
enough
|  variations, I'm ready for anything the lab throws my way.
|
|  OK. Out of my system. Back to memorizing configs ;->
|
|  Chuck

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/