I'm pretty good at allocating address blocks in binary as well. What I'm not
good at is analyzing several decimal addresses (with variable-length masks)
to see if they overlap. I almost always am forced to write these out in
binary.

See additional in-line comment.

""Howard C. Berkowitz""  wrote in message
> >Open Forum might be more up to speed if your free-time consists of
working
> >address plans in binary or looking for probability in the pregnant chads
of
> >Fortran punch cards :o)
>
> There's something wrong with doing address plans in binary?  Best way
> to learn, once you realize you don't have to do all 32 bits in
> binary.  Seriously, when I plan an address structure, and I am
> documenting it, my primary mode is binary, and then converting to
> dotted decimal where appropriate.  Now, when I say planning address
> structures, it often is to say "a /19 here, split into 8 /21 for
                                               ^^^^
^^^^
I'll agree you're probably pretty good at subnetting in your head. Your
typing skills could be further honed, however.

:-)