On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Chuck Larrieu wrote:

> -----
> CL: does Bellsouth run their own backbone, or use someone else's? I ask

Oh. I forgot.  They /claim/ to peer with other NSPs at each of there, for
lack of better term, megapops...but I've never seen anything /not/ go
through uu, even when uu, or the interface to uu, goes down.

And if you ever consider a bs.net line...be sure oyu compare the uunet
line. Always seems to be cheaper..wonder how that is. heh. :)

> because at least one major telco with whom I have some experience is not
> permitted by the regulatory agencies to run their own, so they use "major
> carrier's" backbone

Well, apparently bs.net is run independantly of bs the ilec..and they
always seem to do their best to make that clear to you when they have
screwed something up. :)

but I'm sure they keep relatively within their regulated limits.

---
david raistrick (deep in the south georgia woods)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]