As I was..that is ip subnet-zero more info can be obtained here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ssr83/rpc_r/48383.htm#xtocid670611

\Looks like you may need to enable IP subnet mask

Alex O.

At 03:10 PM 7/9/2001 -0400, Debbie Westall wrote:
>Paul,
>
>1. What is your serial interface doing? It is UP/UP,
>UP/DOWN, DOWN/DOWN? Do a show interface to check this.
>
>2. How do you have your map statement configured?
>Example:
>  frame-relay map ip 10.10.10.1 300
>
>The 10.10.10.1 is the remote end of the link's IP.
>The 300 is the dlci to use.
>
>3. What IP do you have assigned to the serial
>interface itself?
>
>Thanks
>
>Debbie
>
>--- Paul Marque  wrote:
> > Hello world
> >
> > I am trying to get a frame-relay connection up and
> > running.
> > I was given an IP and a subnet by my SP
> > (213.13.134.136  255.255.255.252).
> > However the mask given is "useless" (router tells
> > me: bad mask)
> > Ok, I gave it a "lower" mask ( something tells me
> > this is obviously not
> > going to work).I can see my frame-relay map, I get
> > the correct lmi (using
> > debug commands), everything seems in order (except
> > that mask).
> > Problem : I cannot ping my SP4s directly connected
> > router.
> > (is because of the incorrect mask?, or is there
> > something else faulty?)

>Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail
>http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Alex Oregel
AT&T Enhanced Network Services | Network Operations
800-876-2373 opt 2,1| Phone
858-812-3993                | Direct
858-450-9453             | Fax
www.attens.com | URL