Its a hyperterm thing, play with the connection settings, emulation and such
and it should start working.  I've seen where Hyperterm is set to auto and
it detects the emulation wrong and I have also seen where hyperterm is set
correctly and is doesn't work unless set to auto.  At very least download
the free hyperterm upgrade, or better yet find a better term program (at
leat thats what everyone says, I try not to rely on other programs since you
can't take anything with you to a CCIE lab you might was well learn on the
minimum)

Eugene