However, you will find HSRP in the Switching study guides, not the CCNP
Routing study guides.  You might as well learn it now and get it over
with, no matter which test it ends up being on.  The basics of HSRP are
very simple so don't let Cisco's overuse of acronyms intimidate you.

How many times have we seen the latest and greatest technology
introduced into IOS and it's promptly given a nice long acronym that
makes it sound really complex and substantial....and then you find out
that it takes two commands to configure.  Basic HSRP is a little like
that.

Besides, it theoretically could be on at least three of the four CCNP
tests so you might as well learn it.

Good luck!

John  (who probably should get some more coffee before posting anything
to the list today  )

>>> "Dennis H"  7/11/01 7:47:36 AM >>>
HSRP is a function of routing, not switching.  Therefore I would expect
it
is not in the switching exam.  I would expect to see it in the routing
exam.

""Sam Sneed""  wrote in message
> Does anyone who passed CCNP switching know if HSRP is covered on the
exam?
> Its not an objective on the Cisco site, but both Cisco Press and
Lammle