HSRP is a _router_ function but it is there to add extra
functionality for a LAN.

Also, I seem to remember HSRP being covered in the BCMSN course -
possibly something to do with running multiple instances of HSRP over
different VLANs. Read into that what you will, all I'm saying is that
HSRP is quite simple, easy to configure and it is worthwhile knowing
it whether or not you are going to have a switching exam soon.

Enjoy!

Charlie

 --- Dennis H  wrote: > HSRP is a function of
routing, not switching.  Therefore I would
> expect it
> is not in the switching exam.  I would expect to see it in the
> routing exam.
>

> ""Sam Sneed""  wrote in message
> > Does anyone who passed CCNP switching know if HSRP is covered on
> the exam?
> > Its not an objective on the Cisco site, but both Cisco Press and
> Lammle
> > dedicate a whole chapter to it. Thanks...
> >
> > Sammy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]