I'm really having trouble following this thread.    I haven't even
figured out what your issue is yet.  It seems that we jumped from serial
interface line speeds to multiplexing T-1s.

Now, it sounds like you're going to place each T-1 on a separate 2600,
so why does it matter what the port speed maximum is anyway?  I just
read the original post and I can't figure out what you're asking.  Are
you asking how to get a single interface to clock at 2.048Mbps?  And if
you're running T-1, why would this even be an issue since T-1 runs at
1.544Mbps?

A DTE interface connected to a CSU/DSU will derive its clock from the
DCE.  If you connect a 2600 to a T-1, the clock rate will be 1.544Mbps
and no manual configuration is necessary on the router to achieve this.

Are you asking if you could multiplex two T-1s onto a single serial
interface running at 3.088Mbps?

Have I completely missed the point?  Help me out here, I'm lost.   ;-)

John

>>> "Ayers, Michael"  7/11/01 11:08:17 AM

Yes, but I have a few customers where the bought two T1's Multiplexed,
and
got their 2 Mbps.  I am currently converting them over to 2 2600's on
each
end.  This will allow me to use HSRP and load balance the lines.