Has anyone seen this and is there a workaround?

On a Catalyst 1900 switch enterprise edition, the software has decided that
one of my ports should not flood unknown unicast or multicast. This
wouldn't be a problem except that the port is also my monitor port for
sniffing packets, and I WANT to see unknown unicast and multicast. I'm
trying to see EIGRP, CDP, etc. from a router connected to another port. The
monitoring is working, but I'm not seeing multicasts.

SwitchA#show int e 0/1
Hardware is Built-in 10Base-T
Address is 00B0.6426.7941
MTU 1500 bytes, BW 10000 Kbits
802.1d STP State:  Forwarding     Forward Transitions:  1
Unknown unicast flooding: Disabled
Unregistered multicast flooding: Disabled
Duplex setting: Half duplex
Back pressure: Disabled

See how it says that unknown unicast and unregistered multicast are
disabled? It doesn't say that for any of the other ports.

My full config is below. Note the added lines for e 0/1. Yes, I did try to
enter "no port block unicast" and "no port block multicast" but it didn't
help. They are still blocked. I guess it must be a feature of the port
monitoring. I moved the monitor port to 0/2 and the annoying block commands
moved with it. I guess that's the answer. But why would it do this?

Thanks

Priscilla

SwitchA#show version
Cisco Catalyst 1900/2820 Enterprise Edition Software
Version V8.01.02

SwitchA#show run
Building configuration...
Current configuration:
!
!
vtp domain "Lab"
vtp transparent
!
vlan 10 name "Engineering" sde 100010 state Operational mtu 1500
vlan 50 name "Accounting" sde 100050 state Operational mtu 1500
!
!
!
!