Guy,
  it would yield 726 only if you were using an
Ethernet SNAP frame.

For Ethernet 802.3 (6 byte destination + 6 byte source
(mac addresses) + 2 byte length field + 1 byte SSAP +
1 byte DSAP + 1 byte control + 700 payload + 4 byte
CRC) = 721.

For Ethernet Raw (6 byte destination + 6 byte source
(mac addresses) + 2 ethertype + 700 payload + 4 byte
CRC) = 718.

For Ethernet SNAP (6 byte destination + 6 byte source
(mac addresses) + 2 byte length field + 1 byte SSAP +
1 byte DSAP (both = 0xAA) + 1 byte control + 5 byte
OUI + 700 payload + 4 byte CRC) = 726.

Regards,

Phil.

PS: I think there is a pocket handbook by Miller that
explains this in more detail.

Thank you to all who replied to this post.  I do