How true is this?
Can anyone throw some light on this report from www.zdlabs.com, 70-80%
packet loss is rather substantial..hope it's not true!
thanks

>From ZDLAbs :

" In Layer 2 mode, the Black Diamond and Alpine switches forwarded 100%
of the traffic offered during the test
without dropping a single packet. This resulted in a throughput of 57.1
million packets/second for the Black
Diamond and over 38 million packets/second for the Alpine using 64-byte
packets. These results represent
the maximum throughput possible, given the port configurations of the
switches.
The Cisco Catalyst 6509 lost over 78% of the packets offered during the
Layer 2 full mesh test at the 64-byte
packet size. According to the Catalyst 6509 documentation, the 6509
switch fabric is capable of forwarding
15 million packets/second. This rate is substantially less than the 57.1
million packets/second offered during
our test, which explains the large packet loss."

'The Black Diamond and Alpine switches successfully routed 100% of the
packets offered (over 5.7 billion
64-byte packets) during the test without dropping a single packet. This
results in a Layer 3 throughput of
over 95.2 million packets/second for the Black Diamond and over 47.6
million packets/second for the
Alpine with 64-byte packets.
The Layer 3 full mesh results for the Cisco Catalyst 6509 were very
similar to the Layer 2 results. The
switch dropped a large number of packets at all block sizes (86.86% with
64-byte packets). As in the
previous tests with Catalyst 6509 we verified that the internal switch
counters matched the results from
the SmartFlow application and that there were no packet errors during
the test."