I've heard similar in the past.  However, keep in mind that very few
enterprise networks will ever generate traffic at that level.  I've never
seen any network even turn on the utilization lights on the C6k or C5k for
that matter.  Too often people weight sheer throughput higher than other
enterprise sensitive items including vendor support/protocol
support/compatibility/stability etc.

Pete