yup, i agree

>>> "Priscilla Oppenheimer"  07/31/01 03:37PM >>>
Sounds like something from the CID test. ;-)

Seriously, remember that you are picking the BEST answer. All answers but B
are clearly made up. Remember that the author has to come up with 4 or 5
feasible wrong answers. This is the hardest part of writing an exam. As an
exam-taker, you can sometimes see this process at work and easily recognize
which answers are the made-up wrong ones, as we can with this example.

As far as B being absolutely right, I'm thinking aloud here.... STP is
definitely dynamic. It helps a switch or bridge dynamically work around
loops in a network topology by creating a spanning tree. Perhaps that's
what they meant by "best path." Also, path selection is based on cost,
which is based on the bandwidth of a link, isn't it?

Priscilla

At 03:00 PM 7/31/01, Donald B Johnson jr wrote:
>Question
>Spanning Tree protocol was designed to:
>
>a) Simulate a layer 3 (link-state) routing protocol, efficiently forwarding
>packets between layer two devices.
>
>b) Dynamically determine best path selection for layer 2 devices.
>
>c) Provide capability for SNA gateways to use duplicate MAC addresses,
>enabling network redundancy.
>
>d) Trunk multiple pathways effectively increasing inter-segment bandwidth by
>multiples of the trunk paths.
>
>e) Provide load balancing between redundant network connections.
>
>Answer
>b) Dynamically determine best path selection for layer 2 devices.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com