Hello colleagues,

I have a Cisco 3548 switch and I suspect that one of the switch ports is not
working. All 48 ports have a CAT5 cable connection, and all ports are
patched to the respective wall outlets, there are no active users yet, so
all the ports are down/down. When I do a shut/no shut on all the ports, I
can see in the log that all ports except one show that the port goes up and
then down. To my best knowledge, the fact that the port goes up/down after a
shut/no shut shows that the port is ok. The port that doesn't work goes down
right away. My question is: does this mean that the actual physical switch
port is defective, or that the CAT5 cable attached to the switch isn't
working, or that something on the path from the switch port to the wall
outlet isn't working ?
Thanks for your help in advance !

Regards,
Hans