        From: Mike Mandulak
        Sent: Tue 8/7/2001 8:52 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: Switch port failure on 3548 [7:15089]

        The only way I can think that it would be a cable problem is if
there was a
        short in the wire somewhere. Unplug the CAT5 from the suspect
port, do a
        shut/no shut do you get the same result? Better still plug a PC
into the
        port, does it stay up/up? Then plug a PC in another port with an
FTP server
        on it and do some file transfers, then check for errors.

        MikeM