Yes, DE bits will stay on as it traverses the frame network.  With DE
set, any switch along the path that has congestion will toss you out
before one without DE set.

If you are running a CIR of 0 (as with most Sprint frame circuits), you
always run the risk of having to retransmit.  However, they supposedly
design their frame network so that you never have to.

Mike