It also depends on what you are going to use the serial connections for if
they are going to be t1s then I would recommend a PA-MC-T3. That is a
multichannel T3 card that can be broken down into 28 individual T1's or any
combo there of. Of course PA puts you somewhere in the 7xxx range. If you
are going to start adding FE's then you want a 75xx range. The FEs are sweet
and they have a way of adding themselves that would be a PA-FE-TX or
PA-2FEISL-TX. If you need the serial for frame I would recommend PA-4T+
spread over 2 VIP2-50's or VIP4-50's.
If you are going to use the FE's for alot of traffic, multicasting and the
such looks like you should grab a 7507. Might as well go for the RSP2 unless
you want to go for the RSP4+.
Review
1 7507
1 RSP4+
3 VIP4-50's
4 PA-4T+'S
2 PA-FE-TX/FX's
that leaves two open slots
for frame relay config
1 7505
1 RSP2
2 VIP2-50
1 PA-MC-T3
2 PA-FE-TX/FX's
that leaves two open slots and one open port adapter slot next to the MC
for T1 config
I did not get into memory but go middle of the road.
might as well throw in a CON-SNT-PKGxx
and dont forget power, either
PWR/7-DC or
PWR/7-AC or
and remember with the PWR/7-AC the power cord is always free.
Don Johnson
CSTTS - Consultant and Salesman To The Stars.