Hamid,

On a switch, the only interface that requires an IP address is the
management interface. The management interface is a virtual interface that
isn't attached to a physical port and is of use only for management - hence
the name. It handles such management protocols as telnet, TFTP, and SNMP.
Since the switch can only handle one management interface at a time, then
the current interface (VLAN 1 is the default) will remain active until it is
shutdown. At that point you will be able to bring up your new management
interface.

The ports that are configured for VLAN 2 will function as part of VLAN 2
regardless of what the management interface is set to.

HTH,
        Karen