Question that has been killing me...

On IOS versions after 12.0, the command #show ip bgp summary gives the
following output:

show ip bgp summary
BGP router identifier 5.5.5.6, local AS number 107
BGP table version is 174, main routing table version 174
13 network entries and 15 paths using 1861 bytes of memory
3 BGP path attribute entries using 180 bytes of memory
1 BGP AS-PATH entries using 24 bytes of memory
0 BGP route-map cache entries using 0 bytes of memory
0 BGP filter-list cache entries using 0 bytes of memory
BGP activity 173/1013 prefixes, 205/190 paths, scan interval 15 secs

Neighbor        V    AS MsgRcvd MsgSent   TblVer  InQ OutQ Up/Down
State/PfxRcd
192.168.12.53   4   107       0       0        0    0    0 never    Active
192.168.14.13   4   113   33653   33411      174    0    0 1w6d           10

The thing that is killing me is the line "BGP activity 173/1013 prefixes,
205/190 paths, scan interval 15 secs".  What exactly do these fields
indicate?  I do not think that they are send/receive on the BGP activity
because the fields are populated on a router which I cleared the BGP process
and the session never left Active state, so no routes were sent/received.
As for the scan interval, I think it has something to do with the BGP
command #bgp scan-time , but I am not sure what changes in this field will
do?  Any help please!?!?

Thanks!