I believe scan time pertains to the frequency that a PE router queries a
VPNv4 route reflector to ensure that it has a complete routing picture for
its configured VPN's.  This is 2547bis functionality. However, to me, this
requires support of outbound route filtering (ORF) and I'm not sure if Cisco
has it yet.  I should look this up :)

pete