Yes, John, there is an Associate list.  We have a similar problem
there as well.  People keep insisting on asking CCNP/CCIE level
questions on that list.

However, people being the way they are, I doubt we will ever
solve the problem completely.  But, you got to admit that Paul
at least cut down on the volume of CCNA level traffic on this list.

Prof. Tom Lisa, CCAI
Community College of Southern Nevada
Cisco Regional Networking Academy

John Neiberger wrote:

  Excuse me for this rant.  I'm not trying to be the content cop, I
  just
  wanted to make an observation.

  Do we no longer have an Associate list as well as the Professional
  list?  We've been getting horrendous numbers of emails lately that
  simply do not belong on this list.  If you don't know how to connect
  PC to a router using the console cable or how to connect two routers
  back-to-back, it seems to me that you should ask those types of
  questions on the CCNA-level list, not the CCNP-level list.

  I'm not intending to come down too hard on people asking these
  questions, I'm just asking that you post to the appropriate list.
  The
  Associate mailing list is intended for the simpler questions, while
  the
  Professional list is intended for those with slighly more advanced
  questions.  I understand that we tend to grant a *lot* of leeway when
  it
  comes to subject matter, but the level of the question should still
  be
  appropriate to the list it's posted to.

  Okay, enough ranting.  :-)  Back to our regular programming....

  Regards,
  John
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]