>Just reading "Layer 2 Switching and Bridging" by Leigh
>Anne Chisholm.

Leigh Anne can answer with exactly what she had in mind, but let me
make some observations.

>Cut-Through
>
>"Since the port does not wait to receive the CRC at
>the end 'if/of' the frame, it cannot determine the
>integrity of the data received"
>
>Happy with that.

Note this is per-frame.

>"Cut-through switches CAN perform a CRC check as the
>frame passes through the switch, keeping track of the
>number of bad frames the port receives".
>
>I'm Confused.

No, a CRC can be calculated on a frame after it completely passes
through the ingress port, but by then it's already cut through. But
this doesn't limit the switch's ability to calculate the percentage
of bad frames over a period of time.  If this percentage exceeds a
threshold, the port can switch to store-and-forward mode.