Hi,

If all 5 default networks are reachable from your router, then,
all five will be considered as candidate defaults (will be marked
with * in RT). However, only one of five will be chosen as a gateway
of last resort. The choice is based on a comparison of administrative
distances:
the route with the lowest AD will be chosen (hence, in some cases you may
influence that if necessary).
If case of equal ADs, the network listed first in the RT is chosen as a
gateway
(don't know why, but it is so, I checked this. I'd prefer a choice based on
route metrics, but...).

There is also a special case when both ip default-network and
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 are configured. The choice again depends on AD
(e.g., if ip route 0.0.0.0 is configured as a static route it will be
preferred).

Finally, if multiple ip route 0.0.0.0 0 0.0.0.0 are configured, then (and
only then)
the traffic will be load-balanced between multiple routes.

I remember I read a document at CCO on that, but cannot locate it right now.

Cheers,
Alex