Cisco gives soft copy of their courses to Cisco Press editors. They don't
do that with any other publisher. Cisco Press editors are also allowed to
use other copyrighted Cisco materials, white papers, design guides,
configuration manuals, etc. Other publishers can use these as references
but they can't legally copy and paste large chunks of them.

If there's an editor rather than an author on a Cisco Press book, then the
material came from Cisco. Those books are generally well-targeted to the
test.

Priscilla.

At 08:39 AM 8/23/01, Peter Van Oene wrote:
>Cisco Press is just another publisher and in my opinion indicates no more or
>less valuable text than any other publisher.

>On 8/23/2001 at 6:10 AM Munzir Khan wrote:
>
> >Cisco Press is always the best bacause it is more specific what you see in
> >the real exams although some people read other books along with cisco
press
> >which are more users friendly and easy to pickup like sybex, examcram etc.
> >
> >CCDP is just an addition to CCNP where you see more about desgining
> >networks
> >and you have to give two additional exams CCDA & CID to obtain CCDP cert.
> >
> >Cheers.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com