Hi,

Try "syslogd -r" from the command line.

Quote from the syslogd man page:
"
This option will enable the facility to  receive  message  from  the
network using  an  internet  domain socket with the syslog service (see
services(5)). The default is to not receive any messages from the
network. This option is introduced in version 1.3 of  the  sysklogd
package.Please note  that the default behavior is the opposite of how
older versions behave,so you might have to turn this on.
"

Don't forget the local7 facility entry in your /etc/syslog.conf!
Usually Routers use facility local7, check this with a sniffer on
your syslog box. PIX for example is very strange about that ;-).

Also have a look at syslog-ng as a more customizable replacement for syslog.

HtH,
Gernot