I am somewhat new to Cisco and routers.  I purchased the Sybex CCNA by todd
lammle and I have to say it doesn't go into detail as to where to hook up
the
cables and which end is going where etc etc.

I basically have two 2501 routers ....on RouterA  I have a DTE end connected
to serial 0 and on RouterB I have the same cable but with the end labeled
DCE
running striaght into serial 0.  This as far as I found is the way it should
be connected.

Now my question is this, for the ethernet port I have two LanCast
Transceivers I put one transceiver on one router...and the other transceiver
on the other router.  I have a RJ45 cable running from RouterA to RouterB
....is this the way its suppose to be?  If so for some reason I'm unable to
get the ethernet port to work....and its causing much confusion.  IS the
ethernet port for LAN only and the serial ports for WAN...is this how Cisco
set this up??

Thank you for reading through this lengthy e-mail and I awaite for your