You have connected the serial links correctly (just remember to
configure the clock rate at the DCE side).

As far as the ethernet interfaces are concerned: you must use a
crossover cable between the two transceivers in order to get them to
communicate.

Abraham de Villiers (Diffy)
Teltraswitch Facilitator
Telkom Centre for Learning

Tel : (021) 550 1855 or (021) 550 1800
Fax: (021) 551 4193
Cell: 082 824 9724
eMail : devilla1@telkom.

Please Note:
The information contained in this message may be confidential and is
intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you receive this
message unintentionally, please do not use the contents herein and
notify the sender by return e-mail.
This document could contain proprietary information.  The
dissemination, copying, disclosure, use or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents thereof without the written consent of Telkom
SA Ltd is strictly prohibited.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  08/29/01 08:43AM >>>
I am somewhat new to Cisco and routers.  I purchased the Sybex CCNA by
todd
lammle and I have to say it doesn't go into detail as to where to hook
up
the
cables and which end is going where etc etc.

I basically have two 2501 routers ....on RouterA  I have a DTE end
connected
to serial 0 and on RouterB I have the same cable but with the end
labeled
DCE
running striaght into serial 0.  This as far as I found is the way it
should
be connected.

Now my question is this, for the ethernet port I have two LanCast
Transceivers I put one transceiver on one router...and the other
transceiver
on the other router.  I have a RJ45 cable running from RouterA to
RouterB
....is this the way its suppose to be?  If so for some reason I'm
unable to
get the ethernet port to work....and its causing much confusion.  IS
the
ethernet port for LAN only and the serial ports for WAN...is this how
Cisco
set this up??

Thank you for reading through this lengthy e-mail and I awaite for your

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard]