The OS or the keyboard on your PC/Laptop may also be the problem.  For
instace, hyperterm on an NT box will hose you...the break key is worthless.
Check this page out.  Good luck.

From: Adam Luy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 13:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Password recovery when console it hosed [7:17743]

Hey everybody,

I have a couple of 3102 routers at home that I can not get into. The console
ports have been set to some strange setting I can not seem to figure out.
I've tried what seems to be an endless combination of speeds, parity, stop
bits, data bits, etc..., but still get garbled data out the console. I have
other 3102s in my lab, so I know I've got good cables and all that. Plus, if
I have a TFTP server going when I power them up they will download IOS from
it, so I know they are working, just can't get into the damn console!

Is there anyway to manually/physically clear NVRAM so the console is set
back to 9600,n,8,1?

Help!

-Adam