Thanks for the response!

My question has more to do with:  if we didn't hardcode the MAC address
of a BVI, what address would it use?  I speculate it would then use one
of the MAC addresses of a physical interface.  I am trying to figure out
which interface would it choose, assuming that there are multiple
physical interfaces on the router that belongs to the same bridge group
as the BVI number.

Thanks.