Hi MJ,

Here is my Network flow

we have 3 branches in 3 different countries.
Between these branches we have 512 KB lease line for data. branch 1 we have
Cisco 3640 router and T1 card
and Nortel PBX , branch 2 we have Cisco 3640 router and E1 card and Nortal
PBX, branch 3 we have Cisco 3640 and E1 card and Alcatel 4200E PBX. Both
branch 1 and branch we are able to configure everything properly without any
problem but branch 3 we are facing a pecular problem.  PBX is only accepting
QSIG signals and Router is generating CCS signals. how can i configure
Router to generate QSIG signals... please help me

Ranga

""MJ""  wrote in message
> Ranga,
> Can you tell me how you have implemented VoIP, I mean I would like to
> understand your network flow. I am in coming week is going to put VoIP. We
> have Toshiba digital EPABX and I am going to use FXO and FXS cards.
>
> Your suggestion would be really useful.
>

> Mukul
>
> ""Ranga""  wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are using Cisco 3640 and Alcatel 4200E PBX and want to implement
VoIP,
> [...]
> > change settings in the router so that it can give Qsig signals.
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > Ranga
> >
> > ""Patrick Donlon""  wrote in message
> > > MJ
> > >
> > > here a table with some bandwidth figure for your traffic, as the
others
> > > state 150ms is about the max delay after that then you can't guarantee
> > > quality. One major things to look for would be your qos on the local
> tail,
> > > read up on CBWFQ techniques they should help prioritise your voip
> traffic
> > >
> > > regards
> > >
> > >       Codec
> > >      Voice Bandwidth
> > >      Transport Bandwidth
> > >
> > >       packet size
> > >      Packetisation delay
> > >
> > >       ms
> > >      Coding
> > >
> > >       delay
> > >
> > >       ms
> > >      Complexity (according to Cisco)
> > >      Quality
> > >      MOS
> > >       value
> > >
> > >       G.711
> > >      64 kBit/s
> > >      80 kBit/s (with rtp header compression about 65 kbps)
> > >      160
> > >      20
> > >      0.375
> > >      Low
> > >      Normal
> > >      4.1
> > >
> > >       G.729
> > >      8 kBit/s
> > >      12 kBit/s (rtp comp.)
> > >
> > >       24 kBit/s (without rtp comp.)
> > >      20
> > >      20
> > >      35
> > >      Medium
> > >      Normal
> > >      3.92
> > >
> > >       G.726
> > >      16 kBit/s
> > >      32 kBit/s (with rtp header compression about 17 kpbs)
> > >      40
> > >      20
> > >      0.375
> > >      Medium
> > >      Analog
> > >

> > >       G.726
> > >      24 kbit/s
> > >      40 kbit/s (with rtp header compression about 25 kbps)
> > >      60
> > >      20
> > >      0.375
> > >      Medium
> > >      Normal
> > >

> > >       G.726
> > >      32 kBit/s
> > >      48 kBit/s (with rtp header compression about 33 kbps)
> > >      80
> > >      15
> > >      0.375
> > >      Medium
> > >      Normal
> > >      3.85

> > > ""MJ""  wrote in message
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

VoIP.