Mukul,

usually, one voice packet is 20 bytes. Add to that 40 bytes for
RTP+UDP+IP headers. So, for 8 Kbps voice stream, you would have
to add 16 Kbps for overhead. That is total 24 Kbps. RTP header
compression could shrink that to 11-12 Kbps, but it is possible
to use it only on PtoP links, between two routers running RTP
compression.

End-to-end delay (delay budget) should be less than 150 ms,
but then, it all depends, it could work will more, depending
on users' expectations.

BTW, great book for VoIP is "Integrating Voice and Data Networks".

Sasa