Ya that may be been since when has ANSI been the authoritative source
for correct spelling, I trust Merriam-Webster more...

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

  fibre is a variant of fiber

  Dave

Dr Rita Puzmanova wrote:

> Keeping myself - hopefully - unbiased in this spelling discussion (not
> being native English speaker) I would like to point out - FYI - that
> FIBRE CHANNEL is the ANSI standard?!
>
> Rita
>
> MADMAN wrote:
> >
> > Ah yes I should have known it was a British spelling, like centre,
> > fibre, behaviour etc...  When they gonna learn some good English ;)

David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer
CCIE# 2016
Qwest Communications Int. Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
612-664-3367

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"