Thank you for the clarification, Mr. Berkowitz.

Although I hope you won't be upset if I mention that you're not really
presenting a counter-point to the curriculum.

I continue to maintain that the CNAP curriculum (despite it's many problems)
is quite good when it comes to the model. It very clearly states that ospf,
bgp, rip, et. al. are all to be considered network layer protocols. It
doesn't make the distinction between "layer management" or not, but the
result is the same. As I've argued in previous discussions, a model is only
as good as the understanding that in facilitates.

I'm as quick to bash the currciculum as anyone (no VLSM until Sem 5?- Give
me a break!), but we should give credit where due, I think.

:-{)]

p.s. As always, Priscilla's answer was best. I've found that's a good rule
of thumb to follow...