Neal, perhaps PayPal is the cause of your problems.  If you're selling to
international bidders that haven't yet signed up for PayPal, it's almost
impossible for the buyer to be able to send any reasonable amount of money
within a short time period.

PayPal verifies international bidders by charging $1 to their credit card.
If the card information is good, the $1 charge appears on individual's
credit statement.  The verification system requires the ID number associated
with PayPal's name that appears on the statement.  Once the verification
number has been entered, the $1 charge is reversed and the credit limit is
lifted.

I signed up August 25th.  PayPal's charge missed the cutoff on my last
credit card statement, so I've got to wait for my next statement.  PayPal
has indicated if you contact your credit card company to get the
information, PayPal will turf your account.

I've recently won an auction and I need to pay for my equipment.  I've
contacted them about manually verifying my account but that takes up to 10
business days.  They know my credit card is good because I've had an
unverified US account for over a year linked to my Aunt's address that I've
charged several hundred dollars to over several transactions but because the
US account is not linked to a US bank account, I don't have much of a limit
left (a few hundred dollars).  PayPal simply isn't worth the hassle and most
sellers aren't interested in waiting four... five... six weeks for payment.
I've even tried calling PayPal's long distance number (no, not even a 1-800
number) so that I can speak with someone to get this resolved, but their
system keeps disconnecting me when I'm waiting for customer service.  This
has happened repeatedly.  As an aside, PayPal doesn't advertise anywhere on
their site a telephone number to contact customer service.  To me, PayPal
wins the "anti-customer service of the year awared".

If you're not signed up for BillPoint, I'd recommend you do so.  You can
send or receive money as soon as you create an account--no bank account
information required, no credit card verification process that takes weeks
and weeks.  Granted you do have a limit for receiving money (I think it's
$500 for auction, $250 for simple transfer) but BillPoint lets you send
multiple transactions so you can receive the full amount.  You might have
better luck if you go that route.  And oh yes--BillPoint is just as friendly
to international customers as American customers.