Have a question re: Vlans and 2900 switch.

We have a shelf of DSL type gear. 10 slots per shelf. Each slot is
connected via ethernet to a port on a 2900XL.

Each port is 10Mbit/Half as that is what the DSL gear is designed for. To
maybe gain more through put on the 2900 would there be any performance
gain in enabling ip route-cache? All ports are members of Vlan 1, which is
where you would enable fast switching like that.

Any thoughts? Ive seen how ip route-cache policy can make a *huge*
difference on CPU usage on a route (7200) just wondering if some kind of
gain can be made on a 2900 switch using the above command?

Most things Ive looked at on Cisco or my books show the no ip route-cache
in their configs for 2900 series switches.

THanks for any tips.
Keith