One of the things I have seen of late with new CCNAs is the fact they are
clueless about anything beyond the router. This is a real problem in the
real world. For exxample, I have had several "discussions" with the NT world
about browsing issues, WINS, DHCP and other Micorsoft tweaked networking
issues. Having the MCSE does help to give you some "authority" when you say
things about MS and how things need to be designed. In order to manage a
network or troubleshoot a network, you need to know at the least, a high
level understanding of ALL the pieces in place. The MCSE will NOT make you
an expert but it certainly will fill in some blanks. I would also recommend
some time on a Linux box or Solaris box to see how a more "generic" usagage
of the TCP stack is implemented. Learn the diffs between commands like
ifconfig -a and ipconfig -a. Do you really need the cert? not really but it
does help.

MikeS
www.packetattack.com