I have to put a "it depends" reply in here also.....................

First off, I don't consider my career as my Cisco Career.  It is my career
period.  And I do what I need to keep that career moving.

I have CCDP/CCNP (CCDA/CCNA of course) and 3 flavours of MCSE (2000, 4.0,
3.51) and Banyan stuff too (CBE/CBI - remember Vines?)

My last contracts have been a mixture of everything.  Overall techie that
can keep the project moving and also
keep the "experts" honest.

It all depends on the work you want to do and sometimes - what you can get.

For the past while it seems that I alternate between a Cisco job, then an NT
job and then a mix and then it starts all over.

If you have the time to get another certification then it can't hurt.  But
be warned - the W2K exams are not like the NT exams, especially the W2K
design exams.  All I'm saying is, take them seriously.

If you think that things Microsoft are "pretty much nothing" then it
probably isn't for you.

Kevin Wigle