Here is my story.... I have been taking 'C ' programming for the last 2
months at the local college and I need some advice on what languages I
should learn, or master, so I can become a network programmer?  To me a
network programmer would be someone that either programs network
hardware, such as routers and switches, or possibly someone that writes
drivers for network products, or creates network management software, or
something along those lines, that is OS independent.  I know that if you
want to write for Unix , you should learn C very well, but how about if
you wanna code for routers and switches or embedded systems.  Should I
focus on C++ more so than C???  I want to go into an area where job
stability is important.  I don't necessarily want to work for the same
company most of my life I just want to learn a language ,or two, that are
relevant, so that if I need to leave I can get a job working on similar
projects.  ???? Thanks for any input! :)