The enable secret would not be an easy thing to crack.  The enable password,
however, can be cracked easily with a number of utilities available for free
on the internet.

If you have hackers attacking your network who have the capability to crack
the enable secret then you have much bigger problems.

As I recall, the enable secret displayed when you do a show run is a one-way
hash, so the original cannot be determined from the encrypted version.  I'll
have to check into that.

A good hacker would spend his time elsewhere.  Sitting at the login prompt
trying to guess passwords for a few years probably isn't a wise way to spend
one's time.  Hackers tend to go for the low-hanging fruit.

Regards,
John

http://inbox.excite.com