I am participating in a study group at Cisco here in the Dallas area.  Even
the Cisco Engineers in the group are there for their own edification to help
them pass.  I know if I had access to the lab equipment all the time like
they
do, I would be feeling fairly confident.  I haven't even attempted the
written
yet but I have years worth of router time in a production environment.  The
number of CCIEs get depressing if you look at them for too long.  Just keep
looking at dice.com, hotjobs.com and such for jobs requiring a CCIE.  Keeps
me
interested.  :-)

Ken

>>> "Thomas Larus"  10/21/01 10:52AM >>>
I wouldn't worry too much about the raw numbers.  A lot of these supposed
1700 a month are VERY good at memorization, and have not touched routers and
switches for more than 10 or 12 hours altogether.  I have trouble believing
the number is quite that high, because the lab dates do not seem to be
getting booked up anywhere near that fast.  People haven't a prayer of
passing the CCIE Lab until they get many hundreds or perhaps a thousand or
two thousand hours of work configuring routers and switches.

It is a long road, and I am still a long way from getting to the CCIE Lab
milestone myself, but the journey itself is very satisfying.

Thomas Larus

http://searchnetworking.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
xa4O3aKi^1@.ee8464a/114!viewtype=threadDate&skip=&expand=