""Kevin Wigle""  wrote in message
> and two penneth won't get you a MCSE 2000 in 6 weeks.  I'll raise that to
> fiver if you can.
>
> I recently undertook and completed MCSE 2000, this after having MCSE 4.0
and
> 3.51 which is to say that I've been "aware" of Microsoft products for some
> time.
>
> I took 7 exams because I didn't want to try and sit the 4 hour make up
exam
> even though I qualified to take it.

I see that Microsoft has (again) changed its W2k mcse policies.  Now the old
NT4 electives now count as w2k electives.  Which means that you could have
gotten by with only 5 exams (and carried 2 of your older electives from
NT4).   You can see it here, and see how W2k is now accepting things like
IIS4 and TCP/IP:
http://www.microsoft.com/trainingandservices/default.asp?PageID=mcp&PageCall
=requirements&SubSite=cert/mcse&AnnMenu=mcse

It's nice that Microsoft has made the W2k exams, especially the design
exams, harder.  But that doesn't do a whole lot of good if people don't have
to go through a lot of those w2k exams.  Consider this.  Somebody who is
already NT4 certified could get the 2k MCSE with only two more exams - that
accelerated make-up exam, and one design exam.  That's really not that many.