I am trying to connect two cat5500s and am unable to get port channel to
come online.  I have configured both sides below is the config of the ports.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. These are production switches the
only thing I have to done is reboot them.  For some reason they are not
recognizing that they are connect to the same switch on the other end of
either link. I am unaware on any "special" things that must happen for port
channeling both blades support it.

Set po channel 8/3-4 mode desirable
Set trunk 8/3 isl on
Set trunk 8/4 isl on

Set po channel 1/1-2 desirable
Set trunk 1/1 isl on
Set trunk 1/2  isl on

Port  Name               Status     Vlan       Level  Duplex Speed Type
----- ------------------ ---------- ---------- ------ ------ ----- ---------
---
 8/3                     connected  trunk      normal   full   100 100BaseFX
MM

Port  Status     Channel              Admin Ch
                 Mode                 Group Id
----- ---------- -------------------- ----- -----
 8/3  connected  desirable non-silent   157     0

Port  Name               Status     Vlan       Level  Duplex Speed Type
----- ------------------ ---------- ---------- ------ ------ ----- ---------
---
 8/4                     connected  trunk      normal   full   100 100BaseFX
MM
Port  Status     Channel              Admin Ch
                 Mode                 Group Id
----- ---------- -------------------- ----- -----
 8/4  connected  desirable non-silent   157     0

SJMDFSW01> (enable) sho po channel
No ports channeling

Port  Name               Status     Vlan       Level  Duplex Speed Type
----- ------------------ ---------- ---------- ------ ------ ----- ---------
---
 1/1  Uplink SJMDFSW01   connected  trunk      normal   full   100 100BaseFX
MM

Port  Status     Channel   Channel     Neighbor                  Neighbor
                        mode      status      device                    port
----- ---------- --------- ----------- ------------------------- ----------
 1/1  connected  desirable not channel

Port  Name               Status     Vlan       Level  Duplex Speed Type
----- ------------------ ---------- ---------- ------ ------ ----- ---------
---
 1/2  Uplink SJMDFSW01   connected  trunk      normal   full   100 100BaseFX
MM

Port  Status     Channel   Channel     Neighbor                  Neighbor
                         mode      status      device
port
 1/2  connected  desirable not channel

SJDCSW02> (enable) sho po channel
No ports channelling

Brad Moss,  CCNA
Network Administrator
CHRISTUS St. Joseph's Medical Center - South
www.christushealth.org
(903) 737-3160
[EMAIL PROTECTED]