Okay, then that seems to indicate that even though I had authentication
configured on both routers, one of them didn't operate correctly until I
rebooted it.  That doesn't seem right.  I must have been doing something
else wrong but I have no idea what it could have been.  There are only
two lines to configure, for crying out loud!  :-)

Oh well, enough of that lab.  Tonight I move on to something else...

Thanks,
John

>>> "Sasa Milic"  10/24/01 12:27:30 AM >>>
John,

Type 0 - No Authentification
Type 1 - Clear text auth.
Type 2 - MD5 auth

Sasa

John Neiberger wrote:

> but instead of getting a Mismatched Authentication Key error
> during debugging I was getting a Mismatched Authentication Type.  It
claimed
> that one end was using Type 0 and the other was Type 1.  I don't
really
know