At 02:25 PM 10/26/01, juno vtv wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>Does anybody know what the difference are between Jeff Doyle's Routing
>TCP/IP Vol 1 and 2, besides BGP stuff?I have heard some conflicting
>arguments about these books.  Which volume would you guys recommend?

Depends on what you want to learn. They cover different topics.

Volume I covers routing in general, TCP/IP review, static and default
routing, RIPv1, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, route redistribution,
route filtering. It's superb and by far the best way to learn EIGRP and OSPF.

Volume II covers BGP, multicast, and IPv6. I didn't buy it because I have
other books on those topics.

>Thanks!
>
>-junovtv

Priscilla Oppenheimer