> Juniper has some excellent engineers, and a good product, I don't mean to
> detract from that.  But this list should be more focused on giving people
> inspiration and not trying to disappoint them by saying that there is no
> demand for the CCIE  when their patently is.

I'd like to add one more thing.  When did this job start being about just
money.  I guess I can't speak for everyone. I'm young, single, no mortgage,
no mouths to feed.  I am willing to travel (having to spend 6 weeks in
Barbados or somewhere nice and sunny) is something I am willing to tolerate.

People also have to start looking at enhancing their soft skills.  Take a
basket weaving course.  Take a public speaking course.  I've been told by
many that they can't get over how outgoing I am.  "A techie with a
personality" is something that many employers seek.  People really need to
stop on relying on four letter words to get them a job.  A CCIE no longer
guarantees one a job.  The right person with the right Cert can always find
a job.